Supporting Documents to Bring
All nonimmigrant visa applicants must submit the following documents in order to formally apply for a visa:
- Passport valid for at least six months beyond the planned visit to the United States and must have at least one blank visa page.
DS-160 Confirmation Page (the actual form DS-160 must be submitted online).
- One photograph submitted according to the Photo Requirements.
- Appointment confirmation sheet. This is a printed confirmation that an appointment was scheduled for the interview date.
- Proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee of $140 dollars (or Euro equivalent).
- For applicants under the age of 14, original birth certificate issued within the last six months.
- Supporting documents to bring
The following are suggested documents that you may wish to present to support your visa application. Please read the list carefully and present only those documents that pertain to your particular case. Only original documents less than thirty days old will be accepted and all documents will be returned to the applicant after the interview.
This list is by no means a complete list and does not guarantee that your visa application will get approved. However, you strengthen your case by bringing the documents you think are relevant to indicate your economic, social, family, and professional ties to Montenegro.
Documents related to your employment and income level, such as:
- Letter from your employer showing:
- your job title
- how long you have been employed
- your monthly salary
- how many days of leave are granted for your trip
- earning statements
- Original Work Book
- Original M1 Insurance Sheet
- Original Monthly Pension Statement
- Proof of Income Generating Investments
Documents related to your financial situation, such as:
- Original bank statements for the last six months showing:
- monthly deposit equal to your salary or pension
- savings adequate to fund your trip
- Original deeds to any property you own
- Original car title and certificate of registration
- Company registration with the Central Registry
Documents related to your family ties, such as:
- Original marriage certificate (issued within the last six months)
- Original birth certificate of your children (issued within the past six months)
Documents related to your reason for travel, such as:
- Evidence that you are scheduled to attend a meeting
- Invitation to attend an educational forum or conference
- Itinerary from a prearranged travel group
- Invitation to attend a special family event