Who Can Accompany an Applicant to the Interview?
Applicants for nonimmigrant visas can only be accompanied by the following:
- Both parents or the legal guardians of an applicant who is 15 years old or younger.
- An applicant who is 14 years old or younger does not need to attend the interview; instead, a parent may attend the interview on their behalf.
- A person accompanying an elderly applicant.
- A person accompanying an applicant with a physical disability.
- A translator accompanying an applicant who does not speak English or Montenegrin.
- An official representative or manager of a musical group, athletic group, or other type of group such as for H, J, and P visa applicants.
Due to space constraints, no other individuals have authorization to enter the Consular Section of the Embassy or be present at the time of the interview, unless specifically requested by the Consular Officer. All requests to accompany an applicant must include the full name and passport/ID number of the accompanying person and needs to be provided to the Embassy two working days in advance of the appointment via e-mail address: PodgoricaVisas@state.gov